Each and every delicious batch is 100%
– gluten free
– dairy free
– soy free
– free of artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners
– free of any and all bs without sacrificing flavor :)
I got tired of searching for healthy cookie dough recipes that would fit my dietary needs and still actually have great flavor. Too many left me with a 'meh' taste in my mouth that was about 100% too much chickpea flavor, too sweet/not sweet enough or a just plain gross texture - so I made my own.
In order of the highest ingredient first, least last:
Pure Maple Syrup
If you'd like to actually bake your dough (weirdo), simply:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Spread a thin layer of coconut oil over a baking tray.
3. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, roll into a ball and gently place it on the tray for thick, fluffy cookies or press down on top to squish it into more of a thick pancake for more crispy, thin cookies.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your preferred level of gooeyness,
12 minutes is usually perfect for me in the treasure valley.
1. If you plan on baking the cookies and want them to maintain form really well + not spread, refrigerate the dough 4+ hours or overnight before scooping onto your tray.
2. When observing the cookies 'doneness' before removing them from the oven, here's what I like to do. I wait to pull them out until the dough maintains some structure vs caving in when I lightly touch the top center. Usually at this point the edges are barely noticeably cooking so even though it seems too soon compared to other cookies if you're a seasoned cookie baker, they'll continue to bake on the sheet outside of the oven as it cools and this will leave them perfectly doughy on the inside yet able to maintain structure on the outside. Try to resist removing them from the tray until they've cooled down to room temperature for the best textural results.
You're welcome 😉